The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

strange experiences Options
jim
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 12:38:09 PM

Groups: Member

hi all! wonder if anybody checks in here anymore. it's been just crickets for a long time. i would love to see if we could reinvigorate this forum some time. i find that the facebook page is good for reach and for sharing ideas, but not so good for deep discussions. or maybe forums are just a thing of the past, like newspapers and shortwave radio.

anyway, i had a curious experience recently - well, several - but this one was particularly odd, and i thought i'd share it here.

it was a lazy sunday morning and Tashi (my gf who lives with me) has just gotten up to make coffee. i was still in bed, snoozing and just waking up. i noticed that at my feet the blanket was pulsating again my toes, rhythmically, like once per second. i know that it wasn't from wind because it was too rhythmic and it would have taken a really strong wind to move the blanket like that in any case. there was no one else in the room. i assumed that she must have left her phone on the bed and that an incoming call and resulting vibration of the phone was causing the disturbance - it was about the right frequency. after a bit, i moved my foot and it stopped. she comes back into the room. Me: "where's your phone?" Her: "in the other room." Me: "Well that's really strange because i was feeling blanket pulsating against my feet and i assumed it was caused by your phone on the bed." Her: "Oh my God, i felt the same thing before i got up to make coffee! it was really weird. at first i thought it was your foot moving, but it wasn't. then i thought one of the cats must have gotten into the bedroom (we never let them in) and was laying at the end of the bed, but the cats were in the living room."

in the end, there was no possible "normal" explanation for this. which only left... a paranormal one.

thoughts?
ebb101
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 1:46:32 AM

It wasn't some kind of muscle spasm?
But unlikely because odds of both you and your girlfriend experiencing them at the same time make this unlikely.
I've had things like that happen -- not necessarily a pulse -- but strange, small almost reminders. In my case, there were possible natural explanations, but the possibility of those natural explanations were almost as hard to believe as any paranormal one. For instance, I had every internal door in my apartment shut while I slept. Possibly I was sleep-walking. I never sleepwalked before or since. But it's a natural explanation.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 6:33:44 PM

Dunno what to make of this, Jim. Very odd. Let us know if it happens again.

Also, what were your other experiences, Jim?
jim
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 10:10:37 PM

ebb101 wrote:
It wasn't some kind of muscle spasm?
For instance, I had every internal door in my apartment shut while I slept. Possibly I was sleep-walking. I never sleepwalked before or since. But it's a natural explanation.

Ooh, that's a good one! Maybe set up a camera for next time?

I guess we always try to find the "conventional" explanations first, right? But if you consider that "conventional" is just an interpretation of our belief systems, maybe we should be more open to those unconventional explanations.

Does anybody have any theories on what it was? My first thought was a spirit. Remember how Patrick Swayze in "Ghost" learned to manipulate matter in the "real world" despite being a ghost? So many times, art reflects reality. But who, and why? Or, was it just an intelligent component of ATTI messing with me?

EKUMA1981 wrote:
Also, what were your other experiences, Jim?

Mark, mostly many odd coincidences. Like, one evening while she was preparing dinner, Tashi and I were talking about how some American medical students go to Grenada to get their degrees, and the pros and cons of such a decision. First time we ever explored that topic. Then we sat down to watch the latest episode of X-Files, "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" (the one about the Mandela effect - highly recommended if you haven't seen it!) and the main character, Reggie, proceeds to describe how, when he was a medical student in Grenada, a UFO crashed... As you know, I've written a great deal about the Mandela effect, had my own UFO sighting, and then this unlikely coincidence!
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 9:51:08 AM

Quote:
Mark, mostly many odd coincidences. Like, one evening while she was preparing dinner, Tashi and I were talking about how some American medical students go to Grenada to get their degrees, and the pros and cons of such a decision. First time we ever explored that topic. Then we sat down to watch the latest episode of X-Files, "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" (the one about the Mandela effect - highly recommended if you haven't seen it!) and the main character, Reggie, proceeds to describe how, when he was a medical student in Grenada, a UFO crashed... As you know, I've written a great deal about the Mandela effect, had my own UFO sighting, and then this unlikely coincidence!

YEP! That is the type of profound coincidence I get from time to time too. But with me, I sometimes get to see 111 at the same time. For example, I was telling my brother about a month ago (via FB PMs) that I had emailed my local COUNCILLOR regarding the new crematorium facility that will be built opposite our house. Now, I'd mentioned the word "COUNCILLOR" several times to my brother. A few minutes later I log onto Yahoo to check my emails. However, I notice on the home page it read, "Britain's Youngest COUNCILLOR Dies Aged 21". Wow, what a coincidence, and not a story you see in the news every day! A young lady dying so young, how bizarre, I thought to myself. However, it did not end there...

Underneath the main headline it read, "111 people reacting". Golly, it sent shivers down my spine, that anomalous incident. Of course, I grabbed my digital camera and took several photos, as I always do when something like this happens.
Jon D
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:46:25 AM

jim wrote:
hi all! wonder if anybody checks in here anymore. it's been just crickets for a long time. i would love to see if we could reinvigorate this forum some time. i find that the facebook page is good for reach and for sharing ideas, but not so good for deep discussions. or maybe forums are just a thing of the past, like newspapers and shortwave radio.

anyway, i had a curious experience recently - well, several - but this one was particularly odd, and i thought i'd share it here.

it was a lazy sunday morning and Tashi (my gf who lives with me) has just gotten up to make coffee. i was still in bed, snoozing and just waking up. i noticed that at my feet the blanket was pulsating again my toes, rhythmically, like once per second. i know that it wasn't from wind because it was too rhythmic and it would have taken a really strong wind to move the blanket like that in any case. there was no one else in the room. i assumed that she must have left her phone on the bed and that an incoming call and resulting vibration of the phone was causing the disturbance - it was about the right frequency. after a bit, i moved my foot and it stopped. she comes back into the room. Me: "where's your phone?" Her: "in the other room." Me: "Well that's really strange because i was feeling blanket pulsating against my feet and i assumed it was caused by your phone on the bed." Her: "Oh my God, i felt the same thing before i got up to make coffee! it was really weird. at first i thought it was your foot moving, but it wasn't. then i thought one of the cats must have gotten into the bedroom (we never let them in) and was laying at the end of the bed, but the cats were in the living room."

in the end, there was no possible "normal" explanation for this. which only left... a paranormal one.

thoughts?

Hey Jim. I haven't checked in here in quite a while. I love these topics, thank you for sharing this story.

I have an interesting theory as to what it was. It was you, in some type of phased reality so to speak somewhere between the waking world and the dream world. I guess kind of like the "hypnogogic" state.

I've been attempting to experiment with inducing such phenomena, more than I probably should have in the last six months. I'm not quite sure if the pulsating you describe is the same as what I've experienced, if you could explain more in detail that would be great. On multiple occasions I've awakened with strange intense vibrations going through my entire body, and most commonly my head. Some so intense I could actually hear the pulsating sound. Painless, but a very almost electrical current-like feeling. On more than one occasion I recall movement where I may have been "out of body", and one extreme occasion I was in what appeared to be my parents apartment... before I was born. They could not see me, but I could hear them arguing about something, I could recognize their voices, and even more strangely I could not see their faces very clearly, it was as if their faces were blurred out. I could recognize from the surroundings it must have been late 70's or very early 80's. I was a ghost in other words, in the past.

What's interesting is how Tashi claims to have experienced the same thing. Other than my cats who shared my bed(who have since both passed away in the last couple of months), I usually sleep alone. So I cannot confirm, but always did suspect that this phenomenon is more than just locally in your mind.

My guess is that it was you, toying with your own foot(and hers), probably trying to see if you could get a response. It could have been you doing it right then and there while you were in this phased state of reality while still lying in bed not fully awakened, or possibly you haven't quite done it yet in this "time". You were the ghost that haunted both of you that morning.
jim
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2018 12:43:00 PM

Well Jon, that certainly is an interesting theory. Odd that it was localized to our feet. I did feel pretty awake when it happened though.

What you describe as having happened to you is different and I strongly believe it is the precursor to out of body experiences, which seems to be what you did experience. I've had that vibration myself back in the day when I meditated more and it is a really cool feeling. Others who have OBEs regularly report this as the signal that they are about to go into one. The advice I've always gone by is to relax as you feel it and then either let yourself go wherever it takes you, or direct your journey by thinking where you want to go. I find it really interesting that you had one that transcended time. I think it was William Buhlman who talked about how they sometimes don't feel quite real and so he mentally declares "Reality please" or something like that, and they then become more familiar to the environments in our everyday experiences.

Definitely keep at it and please keep reporting your experiences here. Someday I would like to write a book about people who have had these experiences and what we might be able to surmise from them in the aggregate.

The other thing I always wanted to do was discover a little corroboration or verification. For example, if I was just "flying around", I might go somewhere I have never been before and notice a particular artifact. Then, later, in my waking state, actually go there and see if the artifact is there. Maybe you could try that too? You're lucky to be able to have these.
Jon D
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2018 2:59:49 PM

That is odd it was localized to your feet. Even more odd you both experienced it. Often times we can't tell the difference between dreaming and being awake. Only a couple of months ago I woke up from a dream, I was in my house, started telling my friends about the dream I had just had, then realized when there was this strange extra door inside of my bathroom that I was in another dream, I woke up yet again. What's strange about this particular instance is that not only did I dream within a dream, I actually had recollection of it while still dreaming.

I have a hunch that the strange vibration may be connected with an out of body experience. I have no recollection of actually freely traveling around at will though, yet. One night I had awakened around 4AM, hearing a clicking sound as if someone kept hitting one key on my keyboard every couple of seconds... and then I couldn't see it, but I could literally feel something coming closer to me, and it entered the top of my head which then this intense vibration occurred in my head. That time I could actually hear the sound of it, it was like an intense pulsating. Was that me returning to my body? I'm not sure. Some nights/mornings I wake up with the vibration pulsating throughout my whole body, and I can even make it stop or keep it going at will every now and then.

A strange side effect that has happened a few times so far is a full lucid dream. Actually very thrilling. The type where I could literally program the surroundings around me at will in my dream, and whichever person I would think of, I could literally summon within the dream and they were seemingly "alive". Meanwhile I maintained all senses in the dream, I could feel as if I were awake, etc...I could have summoned Nikola Tesla and had a conversation with him... Needless to say I wasn't smart about it, it turned into a crazy scene like you would see in Californication. I was pretty disappointed with myself when I woke up lol. There I was, with who knows what kind of information I could have had at hand and I did something completely ridiculous with it... and I'll admit this happened more than once. I just wanted to punch myself when waking up.

Aside from OBEs and lucid dreaming, what I believe is most profound is a type of place/state of mind somewhere between it all, I don't know how to describe it, but I have been there a few times, quite recently actually. It's like a full connection with the universe, answers to any questions, anything you are able to think it will answer for you. It's just so hard to stay there or maintain memory of it.

The experience where I may had transcended time, I was looking for something to try to verify where(and when) I was. I was scouring through anything I could find, newspapers, receipts, anything that could show me a date/time of where I was, because I was somehow aware I was in the past(and it was evident with the surroundings like an early 1980's television) but I needed proof. Every paper I held up and looked at, it was as if it was watered down, like the letters/numbers were SO faint, I had too much difficulty making any of it out.

I will try to find some verification next time I find myself in some type of OBE, to see if it corroborates with this reality.
Jon D
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:53:55 AM

Strange occurrence Friday evening. Fell asleep around 7pm for a quick nap, woke up at maybe 10PM, completely dark, and hearing footsteps walking toward me. No doubt about it because I heard the floor slightly creaking as it does, and pant legs swooshing together with each step. I wasn't too freaked out, just laid there thinking "whatever, let it come", nothing came though, the footsteps stopped as soon as I became fully awake and slightly anxious.

Didn't think too much of it. A couple of hours later that night, I put on my adidas gym/wind pants that I wear at night, and as I'm walking along the same area where I earlier heard the footsteps I experienced some kind of auditory deja-vu, that sound I heard earlier with the footsteps, floor creaking, and pants swooshing, it was me! I'm quite sure of it. Somehow, I heard myself walking, before it happened.

jim
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:06:02 PM

Wow! A little precognition. Embrace that stuff, Jon. You're getting into some cool stuff.